Saturday, March 3, 2012

Brazilian Artist Norma Grinberg

This week Brazilian ceramic artist Norma Grinberg visited at UWM Peck School of the Arts for three wonderful days. The ceramics club I belong to, CASA, sponsored her visit and it was awesome. I was fortunate to attend two very inspiring lectures, one on her work and on Friday she presented another lecture on Brazilian ceramic art. It was especially interesting to me, because all of the work was in a style that is appealing to me. On Thursday she was able to view a piece of mine  that was on display at school for a scholarship competition and she told me my work was very strong. I explained I am having trouble making progress on this work, because I wasn't certain which direction to take it in. She made some helpful comments and said we would continue the work on Friday in a special workshop for our wood fire class. I am so glad I got to know Norma and hope to be in touch with her in the future. If you want to see Norma's work her website address is:
http://normagrinberg.com.br/ just a note, I use Chrome as a browser and it translates it from Portuguese to English.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave any comments or suggestions.